Share | 

Halo: Reach

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Halo: Reach   Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:26 pm

The teaser trailer is out, and if you havnt watched it yet then your an idiot. It looks cool, although my hope for ODST was pretty high and all I got in return was a steaming pile of hairy crap thrown in my face. Quite disappointing indeed. Hopefully Bungie can get off their fat asses and make this game really stand out from all the other Halo titles.

Tell me, what do you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:48 am

Well, ODST was good, but not "Buy a Whole fucking new game" good. Even the multiplayer disc ran slower than the actual halo 3 disc. But I loves me some horde mode, which is pretty much what firefight is.

I'm mainly looking forward to the story. I don't know how good it'll be and how in-step it'll be with the book, but storyline wise It should be the best so far from what little i know of that story. My biggest hope is multiple simultaneous co-op missions. Meaning player 1 raids this place, and player 2 snipes out enemies ahead of player 1 and then enters the place some other way or prepares some escape route. It's multiple Spartans so i don't see the problem of that being a possibility. Otherwise im looking forward to Linda.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:28 am

Skull Face... I love me some Skull Face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://WaywardSoldiers.Org

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:12 am

My hope is that they introduce the Spartans who influenced the character of Master Chief before the original Halo. Yeah, and that skull faced spartan looks sick!
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:45 pm

I am curious though. In the books it says the Spartans are unrecognizable from their armour at this point in the story. So I wonder if these are some how different.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:52 am

Game informer did a whole article talking about Halo: Reach, and I have to say it looks sick! The articles explains quite alot, so go read it!
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:20 pm

Dont get it anymore. I need to go get a new subscription
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:02 am

Here's a quick gist of it then. The group is Not the spartan group from the Fall of Reach book. They're called Noble Team and the "New Guy" is so far just called Noble 6. They are a group of Spartan III's that are assigned suicide missions and somehow make it back everytime. Every time one of them dies another Spartan takes their place, and only 2 of the members are from the original team.

The best part of the article is reading and seeing the Huge improvements in gameplay graphic design over Halo 3. I believe you can read the article on the game informer website. Its a good read.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:45 pm

I heard it was about Spartan III's. MY problem is that in the books there arent any of those Spartans built yet. So maybe they will fix the cannon when it comes out but for now it seems like its breaking cannon pretty hard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:11 pm

Havent read the books, but the time line for Halo hasn't been really defined yet. Just like anything related to Star Wars, people want to make money off of it because they have built a really huge fan base around it.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:52 am

There IS a timeline, read the books. There are dates, places, and even an f'ing timeline in Halo Wars.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:08 pm

Quote :
the time line for Halo hasn't been really defined yet

I know there is a timeline, as to what happens in it though is subject to change. Its not set as to, "this is what happens and nothing more" yet, thats what I meant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:17 pm

My problem is that they could have had an epic story showing the characters who defined Masterchief and instead they went with a bad company plot with more expendable characters.

I believe bungie has said that the books don't necessarily reflect their own ideas for the timeline. Halowars wasn't made by bungie so that story could be entirely based off of the story created by the books.

I don't know, I'm still looking forward to it. But i'm sorely disappointed with the story choice as well.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:01 pm

I guess you could some up my feelings with, I'm prepared for the worst, but hope for the best.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:52 pm

Im hoping this game doesnt suck because ODST brought alot of hype to the table, but didn't really see it through. If this game does suck eggs, i will lose all hope for bungie and they will lose a hardcore fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Well, the story might suck. But from what i've seen of the engine and software upgrades they're doing, I expect that the gameplay could be the best halo experience yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:16 pm

Dont expect anything, thats my motto.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:08 am

Which is a good motto to live by for sure.
My motto is "Sodomy is the breakfast of champions."

I'm a Champion!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:38 pm

If you want, i can get you a spoon.... So you can eat my ass
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:22 pm

Sorry I don't like oatmeal...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:32 pm

Its not oatmeal, its an Oreo shake.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:54 am

OK, lets get off your Homoerotic sex talk for a sec and get back to Halo. They showed some more stuff at x10 and everything is pointing to a more updated experience. The newest news out of that came from a group called Achievement Junkies who is affiliated with RvB. They reported that the equipment is built in to the armor you choose. Sounds like it could be a perk style system. The example he gave was that they had a suit that had a sprint you could use by pressing a shoulder button and you would, you got it, sprint. As you went a meter would deplete on the side of the screen and would replenish over time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:31 pm

Why cant they go the borderlands route and let us have unlimited sprint. Its not like it totally makes the game easier, it just cuts down on travel time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:14 pm

They already talked about this in the game informer. It's like having an interchangeable special move. Like for example, say that sprint is no longer useful because you are on a sneaking mission. You may happen upon a stealth system and switch it out. Now for certain periods of time you are able to activate stealth camo and it shall replenish. Much like the arbiters missions in Halo 2. Can't wait to see the goodies we get to use, and how the experience will change because of it.

Especially looking forward to the DMR. A new Mid-range rifle, like a cross breed of the battle rifle and a sniper. Heatshots look fun again. They also are introducing a stealth kill system. When you sneak up behind covenant you can press a button and a short but brutal stealth kill will be performed. I wonder if thats going to make it to the Multiplayer?...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:54 pm

Two words: Needle Rifle. Razz

'nuff said...

(I don't care what armor I have to wear to use it Neutral I'm using it.)

Yours truly,

~Pynk Mist
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:14 am

Kudos for the post Pyro. Made me giggle.
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:48 am

I havent seen the needle rifle yet. I'm assuming its like a long range needler.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:40 am

I watched the VidDoc episode on LIVE today, and OMG........ I love what I saw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:36 am

Multiplayer beta coming May 3rd. If you have an ODST disk then you can get it. A new video is up on LIVE showing the multiplayer, and some of the new guns look fun. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
WSxRyden
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:50 pm

Dude it looks so much better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo: Reach   

Back to top Go down

Halo: Reach
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next